Instructions to be followed while using Talview Secure Browser
1. Steps to attend the assessment:
- Download and Install Talview Secure Browser(TSB) on your windows computer. After you install, you can download the configuration file from the assessment invitation email.
- Double-clicking on the configuration file will open the assessment window on the Talview Secure Browser.
- Enter the verification code you received in the same email.
- Once you enter the Talview Secure Browser, you will not be able to copy-paste anything into the browser. Keep the verification code handy before you open the configuration file.
2. TSB detects when it was started in a virtual environment instead of a native environment and refuses to run. Please make sure you run TSB in the native environment only. It is not recommended to run TSB on a PC/Laptop connected to a VPN, secured network with restrictions, strict firewall, corporate or institution networks with restrictions. You may also have to disable the ad-blocker, pop-up blocker and in some cases anti-virus if the TSB is blocked from installing.
3. TSB is not supported on mobile. To attend the assessment download TSB on your Windows laptop or desktop only.
4. To quit the TSB after submission of your assessment, click on the ‘Quit’ button on the bottom right corner which looks like a windows power button (i). Shortcut to quit TSB is Ctrl+Q. If you quit TSB due to any technical issues, you may rejoin using the same configuration file link, as you did the first time.
1. Steps to attend the assessment:
- Download and Install Talview Secure Browser on your Mac computer.
- Open the assessment window on the Talview Secure Browser.
- Enter the code you received in the assessment invite email to start the assessment.
2. TSB is not supported on mobile. To attend the assessment download TSB on your Macbook or iMac only.
3. To quit the TSB after submission of your assessment, press command (⌘) + Q keys together on your keyboard. If you quit TSB due to any technical issues, you may rejoin using the same code in the invite email, as you did the first time.
What to do if the Config File is not opening in TSB for Windows?
- Right Click on the configuration file and select the option Open with and click on choose another app.
- Once this is done a pop-up will appear with the recommended applications.
- Now click on the look on another app on PC and go to the location where TSB is installed ( C:\Program Files (x86)\SafeExamBrowser) and Select Safe Exam bowser.
What to do if you are unable to install TSB on your system?
Make sure that you are having administrator privileges to the user where you have logged in. A personal system without any restrictions should be used to install the application.
What to do if your Face is not Getting Detected on the system?
- Please ensure that you are sitting in a well-lit area.
- A light-colored background is preferred.
- Position the camera such that your full face is visible in the preview.
What to do if the audio test is failing?
- Please ensure the following.
- Your system's mic volume is high.
- Do not use mobile earphones to record your voice; kindly use a proper microphone or the inbuilt mic of the laptop to record your voice.
- Please talk clearly into the microphone during the "Hardware Test" when the system is recording your audio.
- Kindly monitor the volume indicator on your screen whether it is moving or not.
What to do if there is a power failure?
You can use the same config file/code to resume the assessment from the same point where you left the test.
What to do if the system crashes?
Restart your system and resume the assessment using the same config file/code. The assessment from the same point where you left the test.
What do I need to do before the assessment or How do I check if I am ready for the remote assessment?
- Make sure you are using a Laptop/desktop computer with Windows OS or Mac Operating System.
- The Operating System should be Licensed and updated with no pending installation.
- The user should have Administrative privileges on the system and should not be logged in as a Guest User or a non-admin.
- Make sure you run TSB in the native environment only. It is not recommended to run TSB on a PC/Laptop connected to a VPN, secured network with restrictions, strict firewall, corporate or institution networks with restrictions.
- You may also have to disable the ad-blocker, pop-up blocker, and in some cases anti-virus if the TSB is blocked from installing.
- Make sure you have a stable network connection (good download and upload bandwidth of more than 2Mbps and latency close to zero)
- A functional camera/webcam and microphone (a proper headphone with a mic or the inbuilt speakers and mic of the system) is required to access the assessment and permission in the TSB browser will be allowed by default.
How to check app permissions for the camera, mic (Mac)
The permission in the TSB browser is given by default. Once you downloaded the browser, open the configuration file, select the ‘Browser’ tab on the top and make changes under browser security as shown below.
How to check app permissions for the camera, mic (Windows)
Once you installed the browser, open the configuration file, select the ‘Browser’ tab on the top and make changes under browser security as shown below.
Webcam not detected
Close the browser and make sure the permissions are allowed. Also, confirm you are using a functional webcam and all other multimedia applications running in the background are closed.
Microphone not detected
- Close the browser and confirm the permissions are allowed and the microphone connected with the system is fully functional. Else use the inbuilt microphone of the system.
- The multimedia applications running in the background must be closed.
- Attend the session in a quiet environment and avoid all kinds of background noises.
How do I check if my PC/Laptop is updated to the latest operating system?
- Click on ‘Start’ and go to settings.
- Select the option ‘System’ from the pop-up menu.
- Select the ‘About’ option from the menu on the left end and there you can find the system and OS details.
- If you have to check for pending updates, select the option ‘Update and Security’ on the main menu of the setting.
- You can then see the pending update details and the option to perform the update.